Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quilt Market:

Rachel, Laurie Rebecca and Alice with Kelle Boyd of Ann Kelle
Last year a few of our members were lucky enough to make it to Fall Quilt Market.  This year we just have to follow along on the web but there have been tons of photos popping up on blogs and instagram.  It's so exciting to see what's coming in the world of quilting.  Market is a chance to see not only what new fabric is coming out but how designers have used it. 

Picnic Blanket Quilt Top
Photo courtesy of During Quiet Time
While she may not be there in person, Amy Friend is there in spirit with this fabulous quilt she made for BasicGrey by Moda using their new line PB&J.   The fabric and pattern will be released in March.  

I have been wild with anticipation since I first saw Tula Pink's new collection, Salt Water.  I may even be inspired to mix it in with my long hoarded Neptune stash for our My Precious Challenge.  What new line are you most eagerly awaiting?

1 comment:

  1. I was there but had to cut my trip short. I got the last flight out on United! Let me know if you'd like a report!

    ReplyDelete