Monday, November 7, 2011

Charity Sew-in Part 1

Last weekend we held a sew-in at my home to make quilts using donated fabric I picked up leftover from a yard sale. Most of the fabric was from the late 70s and early 80s.

We decided to pick out the striped and plaid fabrics, and create a quilt inspired by the "Of Stripes and Bunting" quilt by Rita (of Red Pepper Quilts).



We got to work ironing and cutting....














And then got to sewing....



















On the design board....












And here is our partially finished quilt top











Our next step is to make half square triangles to use in a border, and hopefully we can finish this one up at our next meeting.

4 comments:

  1. Woooee! Looks amazing! Good work, group! I can't wait to help with Step 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time, and Lia's sewing room is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good!!! Thanks for having us over Lia: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made 1970s/80s fabric look good! I am sorry that I wasn't able to help out. I will also miss the November meeting. It looks like you have a great space there Lia! I am insanely jealous!

    ReplyDelete