Monday, December 13, 2010

December Meeting - Pincushion Swap

We had a a fun-filled December meeting filled with a pincushion swap, a holiday mini quilt challenge, a great show and tell, and got a chance to get some great fabrics as one member was de-stashing.  Because it was so fun-filled, I'll share all of the activities into a couple of posts.

Our pincushion swap was a great way to conclude the year.  It was a "bring a pincushion, get a pincushion" event.  Quite a few members participated.  We all put our pincushions on a table without a label and they were redistributed to those that brought a pincushion.

Here we are opening up our gifts.  We had a large gathering this month with four new ladies joining us for their first meeting. 

Here they all are.  Don't you just love the variety?  There are round ones, square ones, owl ones, and more! 
I wanted to take them all home with me.  Can you blame me?

3 comments:

  1. I think I may finally be able to attend a meeting now that my littlest is ok being left with Daddy for a short time. Can you send me info on the next meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, the next meeting is on January 29th at the Arlington Public Library. More details can be found on our Big Tent group. https://www.bigtent.com/groups/nemqg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed by the talents of the locals. My mother herself takes pride in making quilt items and she also sells them in the community. Sadly she can not be a part of this gathering as we do not live in the US.

    ReplyDelete