Friday, June 4, 2010

What I wish I could bring for Show & Tell

Does anyone else have the problem of always making quilts for other people and never keeping any for yourself? That's me. The vast majority of quilts that I make are out the door almost as soon as I pull them out of the dryer. It's a good thing I am nuts about taking pictures before they leave my clutches!

So, here's the two that I wish I could bring for Show & Tell on Saturday. First, a baby quilt for my cousin's new daughter, Mia.

In Full Bloom - flying away!

I called it "In Full Bloom," and you can read more about it (and see more pictures) over here. I love how bright it is, and how it's definitely a girl's quilt without being completely over-the-top and frilly.

Second, my sister-in-law asked me to make a quilt as a wedding gift for a friend of hers (yes, she paid me for it!).

Cobblestones

I called it "Cobblestones," and I literally sent it on its way within two hours of taking its picture (which I did at about 6:30 in the morning). See more of it here.

You'll have to forgive me if my Show & Tell pieces are still in progress! That's the only way to bring them to show people, apparently.

---

Liz J blogs about crafty things at teeny tiny quilts, and about life as a stay-at-home-mom at Goddess in Progress. She's really hoping her husband will take the kids to swim class on Saturday so she can come to the meeting.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the first quilt, Liz! Beautiful. I can't wait to see your WIPs if you can make it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love WIP's.....we get to see the batting.....the basting.....the binding attachment.......if seams are pressed open, etc.....continue your lovely work, Liz!

    ReplyDelete